Monday, December 10, 2007

Holiday Madness

Geez...I've been SO bad about posting lately. Not even a race report from the MRC race. I promise I will get to it.

Instead, I thought I'd share three things that improved my holiday cheer.

1) Trish decked out Red Shred with cool LED lights. I want some.


2). I got "elfed" along with my niece and nephew. Go here for the full length, Flash animation.
3). Last, but not least, yesterday I had my annual holiday meltdown. Too much stuff to do between holiday parties, holiday shopping, decorating the tree, packing my bike for Nationals, some work stuff, laundry, working out (and probably also a tad stressed from not working out as hard as usual as I taper for this week's races). Anyway, I was going off the rails. S calmed me down a bit but the thing that really made me smile was an early Christmas present. As I reached into the kitchen closet to get my boots on my way out the door to the gym, I saw one of Gracie and George's toys which they regularly swat under the closet door but can't get back out. I reflexively reached down to grab the little mouse when I realized that their toy mouses don't really have red on them and they come complete with heads. This had no head attached and it's liver half exposed. Just what I asked Santa for! We're still not sure what they do with the mice heads. We suspect they have a small trophy room in the basement (along with our bike trophies) complete with mouse skulls impaled on toothpicks. Regardless, it was a sweet Chrismas present but I did NOT capture the moment with a photo. Be thankful. ;-)

No comments: