Monday, October 20, 2008

'Cross Results Suck. Big Time.

Just how many ways can they get it wrong? Even a highly regarded race like Gloucester or the National Championships can't seem to do it right. Lapped riders being recorded higher than those who lapped them, some riders just missing in the results, and now my own personal favorite, two people assigned to the same number (see #602 in the results below). I will write a better race report about Canton once I chill a bit but damn, how disappointing is it to actually ride one of our best races of the season, out sprint someone at the line and then to look at the results and be listed as a DNF. I'm so f*&^%$#ing pissed. (And yes, I probably should have stayed until results were posted. I did check about 45 min after the race and didn't see them, was freezing my bruised butt off and decided I'd rather go home.) It's a good thing I love racing 'cx so much because otherwise I'd be taking my weekly $25 entrance fee and going to do a running race where I get accurate results (including split times), lots of post race goodies and a technical fabric long sleeve shirt. I know the officials are doing the best they can with a really difficult task but it's now the norm that the results are wrong. Someone REALLY needs to figure out how to get accurate results done for cx races.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

FWIW, I have checked into this, and Elaine did NOT have number 602. She actually finished 24th, which is completely MISSING from the results... SIGH.

So, take solace in the fact that in reality, you finished 14th! Hooray!

Colin R said...

Hey Teri, this is well after the fact, but you should know that we'll fix your results at crossresults.com pretty much any time you ask.