Saturday, May 13, 2006

Wah!!!!!!!


There was only one reason I left Seattle (well, two - the road biking was horrible if you lived in the city). But really the main reason, was the oppressive grey skies, constant mist in the air and the fact that even on the best summer day, I never felt warm. This also meant I had to put fenders (and a courtesy flap - who the hell had ever even heard the term courtesy flap! - because even fenders couldn't stop the stream of rain) on my beloved Merlin. That's just sick and wrong. Anyway, I hated the drizzle, sprinkles, rain, showers, mist, and the hundred other words used by the weather guys to describe the constant state of dreariness. I even came to despise hearing the terms "sun break" and "areas of brightness". Ick.

Today here in Boston it's raining for the 5th straight day and you can see the current forecast above. I'm not happy. I'm headed to the gym now to ride a bike indoors that goes nowhere. That's also sick and wrong. Yes, I could go ride outside but right now the weather has made me cranky which in turn makes me a outside-riding wuss.

If this is any indication of what my sabbatical weather is going to be like I may need to go with my original plan and learn to surf in Maui.

No comments: