Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weather + New Gadget = Riding

Given the lovely forecast for tomorrow and the fact that today was sunny and around 40 degrees, I figured if I wanted to get out and ride, I better. We'll be buried under a foot of snow tomorrow which is fine - I like skiing, boarding, and snowshoeing. But - this Christmas, Santa knew what this gadget girl would really love. A Garmin Edge 305. And I just couldn't resist trying it out. Besides being Gadget Girl, I'm also Data Girl (I think I was the only one in my MBA class who loved our semester of statistics.) So I threw one of the extra mounts on the Tsunami (which is still covered in nasty Kansas City mud) and headed out for a nice 30 mile first ride of 2008. OMG did I feel slow! I know I was riding my 'cross bike complete with knobbies but still.... Ran into Cathy and Mike on their tandem near the asparagus farm which was great for catching up and catching my breath. I was very happy when I rolled into Lexington Center. And yeah, before I even jumped out of my sweaty clothes, I uploaded the ride. You can see the ride data here. Time to crunch some numbers! And the best part, now I'll be able to find those hidden trails that Cathy takes me to. :)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh! Santa brought me one of those too, but I haven't taken it out of the box yet - I don't want to get it dirty ;-).

Hey - I renewed my MTB license yesterday... And, I'm stuck in Bedford - not getting out to sunny FL until tomorrow.