Saturday, December 20, 2008

Clueless


We had our first real snowfall of the season yesterday and it brought with it more than the usual aggravation. Our neighbor's driveway lies pretty close to our property line. Not that big a deal normally. Last winter, while snowblowing his driveway, he'd blow all the snow onto all of our trees and landscaping. Burying all of our rhododendrons and arbor vitae in snow just really doesn't make us happy. Especially since he has an area the size of a football field to blow his snow into. We just couldn't figure it out last year and came to the conclusion that he had no idea that the direction of the snowblower chute could be changed or adjusted.

So last year, we had a little chat with him - please don't bury our plants.

And then last night...

Imagine peaceful view from the family room. Warm and toasty inside, comfortable in the chaise, watching the lovely snow fall and making it certain we'd have a white Christmas. Soon, I hear the noisy growl of a snowblower. Ah..well, it happens, gotta move the white stuff. But then it sounds like a freight train is hitting the house. The entire left side of the house is getting pelted with snow from front to back. First the office windows get trashed, then the dining room and then I'm watching my french doors get bashed with snow. WTF?!?!?!?

S heads outside to have a chat with neighbor dude again. Yes, it's true, I sent her out rather than speaking with him myself. I figured I'd be too nice.

"You DO know that you can aim the chute in different directions, right?"

"Yeah. But...look, I didn't hit your trees! I went over them!"

"Yes, you did but YOU SLAMMED THE WINDOWS WITH SNOW! CAN'T YOU BLOW THE SNOW ON YOUR SIDE OF THE DRIVEWAY?"

"But then it would pile up on my side."

You have got to be f'ing kidding me. I'm at a loss. I don't know whether it's stupidity, laziness, or just blatant disrespect.

K & S....why did you sell? Please move back. We miss our cool, fun, nice neighbors.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Nice neighbor! I think we should come and blow it all back onto his side anyway ;-)

Unknown said...

I agree with Cathy! What a loosah!