Thursday, July 06, 2006

Meet Rocket!

Ok, let's get this out of the way right off the bat. Mom - I know you're reading and I know the very first words you're going to say are, "When is my daughter going to grow up?!?!" Well, Mom, I promise that when I turn 97, I'll grow up. At least a little bit. ;-)

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, meet my new mountain bike which I've dubbed Rocket. It's a Santa Cruz Juliana (size small) that had been languishing on the rack at Belmont Wheelworks for a couple of years. Poor thing was just waiting for the right "vertically challenged" woman to walk in and adopt it. I've been watching the price drop on it now for six months. Today, it was marked down another $200. I offered the manager yet another $200 off the asking price and got a deal. I've already swapped the pedals out with the Candy's on my cross bike. The handlebars are a bit wide for me so I need to get out the hacksaw and cut them down a few inches. Other than that, the only thing it needs is a custom paint job which I'll be doing myself. Just want to add a few Rocket graphics, a few shooting stars and whatever else I come up with.

The guys at work are very excited and are arranging a ride for me next week. That should be interesting. Hopefully, they keep it easy. And maybe I can even get one of them to help me adjust the shocks. Full suspension is totally new to me - I've got some learning to do both on and off the bike. Can't wait!!!

No comments: