Friday, July 27, 2007

Celebratory Ride With The Boys

Yesterday, The Columbian sent email to the usual suspects about a ride this morning to celebrate my championship finish at Mt. Snow. So today's ride felt a little like what it must be like to ride the final stage of the Tour de France into Paris. Nice, easy pace behind with my five domestiques ;-). Gorgeous morning. My kind of weather - sunny, hot, humid. Love it. We kept the pace relatively tame, even for me. Stopped in Concord for iced coffee and a bagel. Absolutely wonderful way to start the day. Only other thing I needed was a glass of champagne.

Riding with the guys is also entertaining as well - fun watching them try to catch big air over speed bumps. Can't say in all my thousands of miles ridden with women I've ever seen that before. At least they didn't biff it.

No comments: