Friday, August 03, 2007

Summer Visit To The Farm Stand

Batches of basil
Placed in back seat, leaves wave
MINI goes top down

I really am an East Coaster. I love the seasons - every one of them - and I'm probably the only one who really doesn't mind the heat and humidity that summer sometimes brings us for a few days. Right now, the farm stand (a.k.a. Wilson's) is in the full swing. Didn't feel like cooking tonight so stopped by to pick up some fresh bread from Iggy's, homemade mozerella, and some HUGE bundles of basil (already had some lucious, local ripe tomatoes at home). Threw it all in the back seat of the MINI and later laughed when I caught sight in the rear view mirror of the basil getting wind blown. Happy summer scene!

With all the basil taking over everything, it's inspired one of my friends to have a pesto party. Mmmmmm....basil, garlic, olive oil....all my favorite foods combined......Mmmmmm...love summer!

No comments: