Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm In The Wrong Line of Work

I hate Vegas. I really do. And hate is a strong word. In fact, I'd be happy if it fell off the face of the earth. Every year, I'd pray that I wouldn't have to go to NAB for work while my co-workers would jockey for position to make sure they got to attend. Even when I lived in Seattle and couldn't take the dreary, grey skies, going to NAB and seeing some sunlight just didn't do it for me.

However, I've always wanted to go to Interbike. A trade show for bikes. How cool. It's clear I'm a total bike geek as one of the blogs I follow wrote about. And now there's CrossVegas. I'm finding I actually want to plan a trip to Vegas for next year's event (unfortunately, somehow I need to scam an industry pass to get in.) I'm obviously in the wrong line of work - I'd rather look at the latest bamboo frame than the latest codec or plasma screen. And I'm willing to pay my own way to Vegas to do it.



CrossVegas Cyclo-Cross 2008 from sam smith on Vimeo.

No comments: