Friday, April 04, 2008

Future Ski Bums of America



Ok, even though I have a race coming up in a few days, my training has pretty much been sporadic. Actually, that makes it sound bad. It really hasn't. I'm just having some trouble being a bit consistent. Lots of distractions. Last weekend the training schedule called for two long rides. Instead, I spent Saturday helping to pack up our kitchen for the remodel that was starting on Tuesday. Then my sister called and said, "Hey, we're going boarding tomorrow. Wanna meet us?" I should have been riding, doing some spring cleanup outside (like it's about time to take down the outdoor Christmas lights, don cha think?), etc. Instead, I headed to western MA for a day on the slopes. Sunny, warm, came back looking like a reverse raccoon due to goggle tan. :) Had a great time and the kids are good enough for the blues. A total blast to spend the day with them on the snow.

No comments: