Monday, April 09, 2007

Bunny Hopping On Easter



We headed down to CT for some family Easter fun this past weekend. Given that all the snow has finally melted and the trails have dried out, we thought we'd take the mountain bikes with us. My parent's live very close to the town forest. I really never spent much time there while growing up but last fall when I was home, I needed to do a long run in preparation for the Monterey Half. I was pretty bored with the usual routes I do there so I headed off in a different direction. Good news: I discovered how nice the trails were to run on in the town forest. Bad news: got lost, and after I figured out where I was after 10 miles (and knew it was another 2-3miles home) I called Dad to come fetch me. Aren't Dads great?


Anyway, this was the inaugural ride of S's new Santa Cruz Superlight. We spent an half hour on Saturday setting up both shocks then off to the trails (this time with a map). Ended up riding a couple of hours both days. Totally fun. Weather still wasn't the greatest - sunny but a bit chilly and even some snow flurries on Easter morning.

BTW - loved my new Thule wheel carriers that Santa brought. Finally put them on the car for the road trip and they were super.

Next week - off to the west coast for work but throwing in a side trip to the Sea Otter Classic. Doing the mtb tour - low key, no racing, just out there to have fun. Renting a bike - hope I'm not sorry about that but it was just too expensive and too much hassle to take my own.

No comments: