Friday, March 28, 2008

Mangia!



Last week we ventured out with our friends Mary & James to a new restaurant (for us, at least), Gran Gusto. We had a fantastic time and the food was really suburb. Almost all of us got the arugula salad with special truffles flown in from Italy (which our adorable chef shaved onto our plates at the table). I had a seafood ravioli which totally paled in comparison to Mary's asparagus and goronzola risotto, Serene's homemade hand rolled pasta with shrimp and James' crispy eggplant lasagne. Excellent wine, traditional dessert and a waitstaff that was attentive and fun. We met the owner as well and learned he has another restaurant in Ridgefield, CT (which happens to be where my sister lives). Now I know where to go when she refuses to cook when I'm visiting. ;-)

Anyway, go to Gran Gusto. And if you don't want a full meal, I hear their pizza is amazing as well.

No comments: