Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Cupcake Madness


I'm not sure why, but I really love cupcakes. I don't eat them very often but on my birthday, I set no limits. Mmmmmm....a chilled glass of champagne, and chocolate cupcake and I'm very happy. This year, S's family is visiting from Seattle so I had had a lots of help with the decorating.


I didn't get to ride my 46 miles early in the morning (one mile for every year - thank God I'm not a runner any more) but did 23 miles on dirt instead. I'm not sure dirt is twice as hard riding as asphalt but given the constraints, it was the best I could do. Besides, I rode the miles on my birthday present from last year, The Tsunami. I haven't ridden that baby since 'cross season and forgot just how sweet it is. Two strange wildlife sightings on the ride, one snake and one beaver. Almost as crazy as the giant snapping turtle (no joke, the size of a garbage can lid) I saw a few days ago on the road near the swamps by Hanscom. Fun stuff.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday! Is 7/1 the actual date? That's Canada's birthday too ;-). Hope you had a terrific time, and btw - I once heard that it is 4 offroad miles to every 1 road mile...