Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Mud That Ate My Brake Pads!!!


After last week's race at Moody Park, I cleaned up my bike and put it in its reserved spot in the garage (safely in front of the MINI so I can admire it every time I drive in). :) Then, this Thursday I decided to take it out for a ride and as I rode down the driveway, I hit the brakes and the bike kept going. I looked like Bugs Bunny as my brakes made this incredible screeching noise and I tried to drag my heels to slow down before I shot out onto Mass Ave in front of the killer T bus. I took a look at my rotors and pads and wow, absolutely no pads left. On either brake. Now I know why I couldn't stop on those downhills at Moody Park during the last lap. That mud was powerful stuff - it not only ate my pedicure but it disintegrated my brake pads.

No comments: