Thursday, May 24, 2007

Death of A Blender

Oh, what a sad morning...my favorite blender died. This baby has been making smoothies almost every morning for the past 6.5 years. Today's breakfast started off like every other one. Threw in the OJ, banana and berries. Blended it up. The motor sounded a little off but it's been sounding a little odd for a few months now. Threw in some ice. Started blending. Ok...something is definitely not sounding right. But hey, seems to be working. I assume it's just getting closer to death's door but we're still good. Poured the smoothies, took a few sips, yum. Morning happiness.

Started doing the breakfast dishes and Whoa! One whole blade in the blender is gone! OMG! I think the blender self destructed and now not only do I have a radioactive chest but apparently after drinking that smoothie, I'm full of metallic bits. I am slowly achieving super hero status. ;-)

I think I'm to blame. I killed it. A few weeks ago, I stuck a spoon in while blending since some of the ice was jammed. CLANNNNNK! SPLATTER! Smoothie all over my face, my glasses, the cabinets, the ceiling, refrigerator, floor. I'm still finding specks of smoothie from that moment of stupidity. Two days later, I dropped the motor part on the floor. It started sounding like loose parts would be flying off any minute but somehow, it just kept on chugging along.

So, after approximately 2,300 smoothies and a few hundred frozen margaritas, it had enough. I gingerly placed it in the trash complete with all it's Chiquita Banana stickers. And as only a true smoothie addict would, I have a spare in the basement ready for tomorrow's smoothie.


First it was PBJs and now I'm blogging about smoothies. I think I'm losing it. ;-)

No comments: